Tuesday, August 1, 2017

AGING


This aging shit just got real! Yesterday I went to get an eye exam I was about two years I'm overdue. I went in wanting to get new contacts, I’ve worn them on and off most of my life and I figured my prescription didn’t change that much so contacts (green?) and maybe a pair of sun glasses and that’s that.

The optometrist, Mr. Doctor Man completely burst my bubble! Not only did Mr. Doctor Man tell me that due to the normal aging process I would need progressives (glasses that have a built-in bifocal you can’t see – I guess). He also informed me that because my reading vision has degenerated, because of my age and my astigmatism I’m not a god candidate for contacts!!! What the actual fuck does that mean? Not a good candidate? Don’t I have eyes, working eyes? I thought that and being cataract free was the only requirement to get contacts! I am absolutely agog! So, then I inquired about Lasik. He told me that I would still need these fucking reader things even if I had the surgery!

Readers?! What the fuck is a Readers?! Old lady glasses that hang from your neck by a string? Fuck no! I’m only 43, not 63! No offense to 63 year olds or Reader wearers but…HELL NO! Not my circus, not my monkey!


Time for some anti-aging cryotherapy!

Read, Like, Follow. Have a Great Day! E~

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! Needing reading glasses was a tough thing to swallow. See another doctor and get a second opinion.

    ReplyDelete